Wednesday 3 October 2007

"Querida Mae"


A friend at me to make a card for her mums birthday. My friend and her family are Portuguese. "Querida Mae" is Portuguese for, roughly translated "lovely mum."
Matilde likes things such as "JEAN PAUL GAULTIER" perfume, so I took my inspiration from one of his perfume bottles.

To do this I used my bodice template as the basic shape and fashioned it to look like a bottle. I then gave it first a cherry sorbet twinkling H20 wash then the Icy Iris twinkling H20 to add a little shading. The butterflies are a stamp from "Crafty Individuals".I used Royal purple stayzon ink. I added some extra colour using Icy Iris/Cherry Sorbet/Sea Glass/Sage & Olive Vine Twinkling H20s.I stuck them on the bottle shape but left the centre butterfly 3D. The background paper is from the lovely Tassy... I had no idea that this perfect match was in the stash that Tassy sent to me... as you can see it is the exact same butterfly, because the paper is also by "Crafty Individuals"...how flukey is that!I layered with some dark purple faintly scripted paper, added 2 butterflies with 3D foam pads... The lettering are just silver peel offs (I also used peel offs to give the bottle neck effect.)funky fibres as a finishing touch.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Wow your card is so cool! I love the interpretation of the perfume bottle. You did a wonderful job!

Maria

Crissi Harvey said...

lovely card i would never have thouht to use the bottle for inspiration

Sarah said...

great card thanks for the comments on my blog!!! Ah thanks for the add

LOL Sarah xx

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous she will be thrilled with it. Very stylish piece.

Fe-Fe said...

Hi Shh
I like your perfume bottle inspired card. Very clever idea. Looks very pretty too. Love that butterfly stamp!

Fe-Fe said...

Hi - just to let you know I've tagged you again!!!

Love ya xxx