Saturday 16 February 2008

valentine/love

A friend at work asked me to make a Valentines for her fella...she said she wanted it Sexy but Classy!

This is what I came up with.

The black shimmer card is from craftwork cards.
I used a Basque template, red ribbon, the small hearts are peel offs the larger are gems (in the flesh they do not look purple...that would be the flash on the camera!)The Basque is layered onto a red leather look paper then black shimmery card torn and layered. The wording I cut from liquorice allsorts paper from craftwork cards
the "love” is just coloured on peel off lettering. I mounted in a slide mailer that I had given the Tim Holtz distress ink treatment, then embossed with UTEE.(again there isn’t a purpley colour in the flesh!!)
I finished off by doing the inner of the card, I used some silver grey shimmer paper.folded... then layered the leather look red paper then the shimmer black

1 comment:

Julie Allain said...

WOW Gorgeous card love it!

Your new template is FAB too Sharon I love Marilyn Monroe